This year’s World Mental Health Day (10th of October) is not far away, and our services are gearing up for events to mark the day and raise awareness of the support we can offer people. Read on for details of some of the exciting events we’re taking part in!
On Friday the 6thof October, staff from our services in North Tyneside will be at the ‘Survive, Thrive, Be Alive’ event from 11am – 5pm at Cullercoats Crescent Club, NE30 4PN. This is a free event, with refreshments provided, and promises to be a really fun event with a tombola, raffles, live music and various creative activities.
Through the week from the 10th -14thof October, our Sunderland staff will be out and about again to help the public find out more about mental health. They will be at various local supermarkets/shopping centres each day, so look out for their stand with leaflets and information from all our local services, as well as information on our local partners. They will be promoting the public health message ‘five ways to wellbeing’ and having conversations about looking after our mental health just as we do our physical health. Here’s where you’ll find them each day:
Tuesday 10th, 10-2pm: Sainsburys, Silksworth Ln, Sunderland SR3 1PD
Wednesday 11th, 10-2pm: Tesco extra Newcastle Rd, Sunderland SR6 0DA
Thursday 12th, 10-2pm: Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, Burdon Road Sunderland AND Houghton Primary Care centre, Brinkburn Crescent, Houghton, DH4 5HB
Friday 13th, 12pm-2pm: Sainsburys Teal Farm, Washington AND Washington Galleries site 8 Square
Saturday 14th, 8.30-5.30pm: Sunderland Bridges shopping centre, AND Sunderland City Centre
On the 10th, World Mental Health Day itself, there is a wide range of events happening:
- Our ‘Breathing Space’ support service, run in partnership with Orbit Housing, will be running a special mindfulness workshop at the Sydni Centre in Leamington Spa, from 1-3pmon the 10th. They will also be holding a Tea & Talk afternoon at The Oasis Centre, Railway Terrace, Rugby CV21 3HR between 1pm and 4pm.
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners from our North Staffordshire IAPT service will be attending a celebration event at Keele University, talking to local students and the public about Talking Therapies.
- All of our services in Gateshead (advocacy, advice and information, out of hours, employment, helpline, and service user voice) will be represented at the Gateshead World Mental Health Day celebration at The Shipley art gallery, along with many other local organisations, putting on a range of exciting activities. This free event is from 11am-3pm and a free buffet lunch is provided. There will be live music, arts and crafts, wellbeing activities, and much more!
- OurTalking Matters Northumberland IAPT service is opening their Morpeth premises for an ‘open day,’to allow people to visit the service and see it as less mysterious or anxiety-inducing. There will be tea and coffees provided, as well as general information on mental health.Click here to view the Facebook event.
- In South Tyneside, staff are attending a Mental Health and Wellbeing Question Time Panel which will take place from 10am – 12:00 at the Cookson Room, The Word, Market Place, South Shields NE33 1JF. This free event is a fantastic opportunity to ask your burning questions to a panel of health and social care professionals.
- Later in the day, we will also be taking part in the World Mental Health Day Drop-In at Big Local Jarrow from 1pm-4pm. Sessions will include mindfulness.
We can’t wait for all these opportunities to showcase our services to new people, encourage them to look after their mental health and equip them with the knowledge to seek whatever support they need.
For more information on any of these events, please email@example.com