Following on from our blog post, we are delighted to now be able to share the final video with you.
Here is a little background to the project from Robin Fry of VODA.
“Helen, Will and Julie-Anne received a grant of £500 from the NCS Cashpoint programme. Together they worked with VODA and MHM to create a short film with the aims of:
• Reducing prejudice amongst employers towards people with poor mental health
• Providing information and advice for employers and individuals with poor mental health
• Presenting case studies of employers and employees who have been supported by MHM
Through this project the young people have been responsible for:
• Developing the idea for the project – agreeing the key messages and how they will be delivered
• Meeting with staff and service users from Mental Health Matters to carry out filmed interviews
• Meeting with local employers who offer work placements for service users
• Recording voiceovers
• Presenting the film at the Showcase Event
The young people have shown great commitment and enthusiasm to the project, always keen to learn new skills and interact with other members of the community.”
Everyone at MHM would like to take the opportunity to once again, thank the volunteers at VODA for the fantastic job they have done. We hope we will get to work together again in the future.