Sunderland Mental Health User Voice
1D North Sands Business Centre, Sunderland SR6 0QA
Mental Health Matters operate User Voice services in Gateshead (GMHUV), South Tyneside (STMHUV) and Sunderland (SMHUV) which are available to promote mental health service user involvement and promote positive well being.
You may want to attend meetings that help to change the way mental health Service Users are treated, or challenge the way a service is run. Alternatively you could simply find out more information on the things that directly affect you, or meet with other members.
- Do you want to influence the development of mental health services?
- Are the services you use meeting your needs?
- Have you got any suggestions or ideas you think may help?
We aim to make a difference by:
- Asking Service Users what they think of their treatment and care to try to improve the services they receive.
- Challenging prejudice and stigma, reducing isolation and enabling service users to feel increased confidence.
- Helping Service users be a part of groups and attend meetings that have an impact on decisions that directly affect the future of Mental Health Services.
- Offering Service Users opportunities to be involved in the recruitment and selection of mental health staff.
- Enabling Service Users to work together to make their collective voice heard by both professionals and politicians.
- Consulting on local, regional and national strategy, policy and provision of Mental Health Services.
Where are we?
Click the links below to read about how South Tyneside Mental Health User Voice has helped its service users.
- Ms Y contacted the Sunderland Mental Health User Voice development worker after hearing about a consultation event