Pathways Advice and Information Service
Room 203, Floor 2, Aidan House, Sunderland Road, Gateshead, NE8 3HU
Telephone: (0191) 490 0579
Monday- Drop In Session 10am-2pm (no appointment necessary
Wednesday- 9am-5pm (appointments only)
Thursday- 9am-5pm (appointments only)
Friday- 9am-5pm (appointments only)
Pathways Advice and Information Service offers advice and information to residents of Gateshead who have mental health needs. Advice Workers can provide you with advice and practical help on a variety of issues that may be putting you under pressure and affecting your well-being: this includes issues with Welfare Benefits, debt, housing and employment issues. Advice Workers will provide you with the information you need to make a decision on how you would like to try and resolve your issue.
Example of areas we can help you include:
- Looking at what benefits you are entitled to; help you to apply for the benefits; help if you are experiencing problems with the process.
- Filling in forms, writing letters and talking to agencies involved with your issue
- Accessing support and advice if you are experiencing a housing problem.
- Finding out what other help is available to you and how you can access it.
- General information on mental health conditions and service available
- Refer you other services if your issue requires specialist help.
Our Advice Workers understand the difficulty and distress people can experience when trying to negotiating complex benefits, housing and debt systems. We will always provide advice and practical help to you in a supportive and non judgemental manner.
Many thanks girls for all your help. We could never have done it without you’s. Everything you did for us was really appreciated and we will never forget it.”
Thanks for helping me fill my forms in and being successful”
Just to say thank you for filling my forms out and helping me.”
Words do not seem enough to convey my feelings of gratitude towards you.”
Once again you were there for me with sound advice and help. Not forgetting the coffee.”