In October, we were assessed by Investors in People, and are thrilled to have achieved the “developed” level of the Investors in People standard following several days of thorough assessment.
MHM were originally recognised as an Investor in People in 2000, and we have since used the feedback from these assessments to drive continuous improvement in our organisation. This was our first assessment against generation six of the Investors in People standard, and we are very proud to have received a glowing report from our assessor.
Organisations that meet the world-recognised Investors in People Standard reflect the very best in people management excellence, and to achieve accreditation organisations are rigorously assessed against several themes and indicators.
The assessment was carried out through interviews with a range of people within MHM (48 people in total), meetings and observations, and reviewing our organisation’s strategies and other documents. A formal observation day at the Employment Support team based in Easington also provided our assessor with a valuable insight into the day to day “living” of the values of MHM.
While these assessments are a valuable way of identifying ways that we can improve in the future, they are also a fantastic opportunity to reflect on what we are doing well for our staff and service users. Below are some highlights from our report:
- “Leadership is exceptional.”
- “Putting service users and clients’ needs first is paramount to why they come to work.”
- “There was a sense of urgency and passion to progress recovery for clients and considerable collaboration across the team as how to share experience and achieve results.”
- “The culture of taking care of each other is evident as you interact with every level of MHM. People are caring and supportive and look after each other.”
- “During conversations with interviewees, everyone confirms there is an ethos of providing people the opportunity to fulfil their potential to whatever level that may be.”
- “People want the best for clients and service users and are constantly improving their offering and in particular learning new skills to ensure people receive the best support when they work with MHM.”
We are incredibly pleased to receive this recognition, and to know that MHM is a place where staff are motivated, empowered, and happy at work with us.